What is Career College?
Career College is a one semester integrative post-secondary certificate program of study. This entry-level program provides a foundation for transitioning into a career or additional coursework. The students further develop reading, math, and computer skills along with participation in this hands-on experience. Adults with disabitities are strongly encourage to apply.
Who may enroll in Career College?
Any student interested in short term, hands on training.
Students may be referred by:
- High School Exceptional Children's teachers
- Transition Coordinators
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- OE Enterprises
- Academic Advisors
- Guidance Counselors
- Academic & Career Readiness Instructors
- Social Workers/Case Managers
What Programs are Available?
- Greenhouse/Nursery Assistant
More programs may be offered in the future.
What about Reading, Math, and Computer Skills?
The Program includes Reading, Math, Computer and Job Skills for jobs in Greenhouse and Horticulture.
When is Career College Offered?
Begins January and ends in April.
Where is Career College Located?
Rockingham Community College
Who is Responsible for Applying?
What is the Application Process?
- Registration Form
- Complete the Statement of Interest
- Official High School Transcript or GED scores (if applicable)
- Professional/Personal Reference Form (1)
- Sign Expectations and Code of Conduct Statement
- Disability Documentation (if applicable)
- Copy of Psychological Evaluation (most current) and IEP from high school
- Medical Documentation (if applicable)
Does Career College Cost?
Yes. The current cost is $180and is due before classes start.
- $180 Tuition
Other Supplies (student must provide on his/her own for 1st day of class): pencils, paper, notebook, closed toe shoes, gloves, long pants and safety glasses
Does RCC provide transportation?
- No, the student is responsible for transportation.
- You can find out about public transportation through Ride Skat
Questions about Career College
RCC Admissions Office
(336) 342-4261 ext. 2333
For questions about Disability Services:
Adrienne Bowman, Academic Advising & Disabilities Counselor
(336) 342-4261 ext. 2243
For questions about tuition assistance:
Fonna Terry, Administrative Assistant-Workforce Department
(336) 342-4261 ext. 2107