*******2018 PARAMEDIC PROGRAM INFORMATIONAL SESSION, FEBRUARY 13TH AT 2PM AND 6PM IN OWEN’S BUILDING ROOM 120********
*****ALL PERSONS THAT CURRENTLY HOLD A MEDICAL CREDENTIAL WITH NCOEMS MUST READ*****
- If your Initial Certification class had started prior to Jan 1st 2014, you are required by the state to Transition to the new National Standard that the state has been moving toward since 2014. This must be done by Dec 31st, 2018 or your credential will be considered expired. RCEMS has been implementing the EMT Transition topics into the monthly con ed but many have either missed a class or the class didn't make. So, in an effort to facilitate the transition, the college will be offering several online Transition courses over the next two years. Any questions, please call 336-342-4261 ext 2111 and speak with Jason Collins. Please visit http://www.ncems.org/transition/ for more information about the NC Transition of EMS Credentials.
UPCOMING 2018 CLASSES:
- EMT Initial Hybrid - Jan 16th - May 5th, Lecture online, every other Sa on campus 8a-5p for skills practice. &233 + textbooks
- The EMT program is designed to teach basic life support skills. EMTs are able to function in many areas including EMS systems, fire departments, hospitals, rescue squads and physician offices. The class consists of lectures and hands-on skills instruction as well as field clinical opportunities. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be eligible to sit for the North Carolina or National Registry EMT examination. Prices include tuition as well as additional fees of Clinical uniform shirts, HCP CPR card fee and Malpractice Insurance. Textbook and workbooks are required, contact the bookstore to purchase these. North Carolina tuition exemption status does apply, however additional fees and books are up to the individual. Contact our Admissions Department for registration information at 336-342-4261 ext. 2333. You will be required to test at an Eleventh Grade Reading Level, some college English classes may count for this requirement. Contact Jason Collins, (email@example.com or 336-342-4261 ext 2111) for information on the course.
- Paramedic Refresher Hybrid with Transitions - Feb 12th - May 13th, Online with on campus days of May 12th & 13th. $180
- The Paramedic Refresher Course is designed to meet North Carolina Office of EMS standards for those Paramedic’s that are in need of Continuing Education for re-credentialing, those that have been unsuccessful 3 times at the NC State Exam, or if your credential has expired within the past four years. This course is predominately online supplemented with two on campus days. The on campus class days are to facilitate the AHA update, material review, skills refresher, Technical Scope of Practice Exam and Final Exam. This course will also provide the Transition Material needed for all credentialed persons. Students currently credentialed at the NC Paramedic level, after successful completion, will be eligible to sit for the National Registry Paramedic Cognitive Examination. NC fee-exempt status does apply to this course.
- EMS-3000, Basic A&P for Prehosptial Providers - Feb 8th - Apr 4th, all online. $180.
- This basic anatomy and physiology class is required as a pre-requisite for the paramedic program. Each student must show proof of successful completion of a state approved EMT course. Students will learn the basic anatomy and physiology of the human body and its functions. Students will be required to complete work each week by a pre-determined deadline. North Carolina fee exemption status does apply.
- EMT-B to EMT Transition Courses - Apr 9th - May 6th, all online. $70
- These courses are designed to provide the North Carolina credentialed student with the knowledge needed to transition to the new National EMS Education Standards. Persons wanting to register for this course must hold a valid and unrestricted EMT-Basic Credential. North Carolina fee exemption status does apply.
- EMT-P to Paramedic Transition Course - Feb 5th - Apr 8th, all online. $125
- These courses are designed to provide the North Carolina credentialed student with the knowledge needed to transition to the new National EMS Education Standards. Persons wanting to register for this course must hold a valid and unrestricted EMT-Paramedic Credential. North Carolina fee exemption status does apply.
Being a Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), or Paramedic means helping people when they need it most. Rockingham Community College can provide the training you need to enter this challenging field and get the rewarding feeling that comes from helping others. The NC Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) mandates specific training to ensure the North Carolina has the very best trained EMTs and paramedics. Entrance requirements for the EMT program at RCC are:
Must have a high school diploma or GED or Adult high school diploma
Passing score for reading for the EMT and additionally math comprehension for the AEMT and Paramedic level
$180 registration fee
Supply fees as applicable
Interview with EMS coordinator
Physical and shot records including TB for the Advanced EMT and Paramedic Program
Hepatitis B vaccination or waiver for the Advanced EMT and Paramedic Program
Proof of current flu shot for the Advanced EMT and Paramedic Program
Those interested should contact the EMS Program Office at 336.342.4261, ext.2111
Other EMS Courses
Emergency Services Leadership
Field Training Officer/Preceptor Training
Basic Anatomy & Physiology
Integrated Healthcare Provider
Also offer a range of AHA (American Heart Association) classes including Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support and also NAEMT (National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians) courses including Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support, Advanced Medical Life Support, and Emergency Pediatric Care.
Those interested in the AHA Programs should call 336.342.4261, ext.2602, for all other programs call 336.342.4261, ext. 2111
Upcoming 2018 AHA Classes
- CPR, $55
- January 12th 9a-1p
- January 27th 9a-1p
- February 9th 9a-1p
- March 24th 9a-1p
- April 13th 9a-1p
- CPR & First Aid, $75
- February 24th 9a-5p
- March 9th 9a-5p
- April 28th 9a-5p
- May 11th 9a-5p
- ACLS Initial, $80
- April 20 & 21 8a-5p
- ACLS Recertification, $80
- April 21st 8a-5p
- PALS Initial, $80
- March 16th & 17th 8a-5p
- PALS Recertification, $80
- March 17th 8a-5p
- BLS Instructor, $70
- February 3rd 8a-5p
- ACLS Instructor, $70
- April 6th 8a-5p
- PALS Instructor, $70
- March 2nd 8a-5p