********PARAMEDIC INITIAL REGISTRATION NOW OPEN********
*****ALL PERSONS THAT CURRENTLY HOLD A MEDICAL CREDENTIAL WITH NCOEMS MUST READ*****
- If your Initial Certification class had started prior to Jan 1st 2014, you are required by the state to Transition to the new National Standard that the state has been moving toward since 2014. This must be done by Dec 31st, 2018 or your credential will be considered expired. RCEMS has been implementing the EMT Transition topics into the monthly con ed but many have either missed a class or the class didn't make. So, in an effort to facilitate the transition, the college will be offering several online Transition courses over the next two years. Any questions, please call 336-342-4261 ext 2111 and speak with Jason Collins. Please visit http://www.ncems.org/transition/ for more information about the NC Transition of EMS Credentials.
UPCOMING 2018 CLASSES:
- PARAMEDIC INITIAL - April 5, 2018 - June 25, 2019 $516 ($156 fee exempt), textbooks included. Savings available from a $179,000 "Short-term Workforce Training Grant" that RCC received for our Paramedic Program.
- Through lectures, interactive presentations, skills labs, and simulations, you will build the knowledge and skills to care for patients. This course will prepare the student for advanced life-saving skills, including: patient assessment methods, critical thinking, electrocardiogram interpretation, cardioversion, pacing, vascular access, and to administer emergency medications. This class will prepare the student to perform in the pre-hospital world as an entry-level paramedic.
- Class runs every Tuesday and Thursday Night from 6p-10p and the 3rd weekend (Sat & Sun) of every month from 8a-5p.
- Prehosital Preceptor Course Online - Apr 5th - Apr 25th. $70
- This Course is designed to provide the potential preceptor with the basic knowledge of educational methodology, generational learning styles, documentation, roles and responsibilities of preceptors, and the roles and responsibilities of students involved in an educational institution’s preceptor program. NC fee-exempt status does apply to this course.
- EMT-B to EMT Transition Courses - Apr 9th - May 6th, all online. $70
- These courses are designed to provide the North Carolina credentialed student with the knowledge needed to transition to the new National EMS Education Standards. Persons wanting to register for this course must hold a valid and unrestricted EMT-Basic Credential. North Carolina fee exemption status does apply.
Being a Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), or Paramedic means helping people when they need it most. Rockingham Community College can provide the training you need to enter this challenging field and get the rewarding feeling that comes from helping others. The NC Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) mandates specific training to ensure the North Carolina has the very best trained EMTs and paramedics. Entrance requirements for the EMT program at RCC are:
Must have a high school diploma or GED or Adult high school diploma
Passing score for reading for the EMT and additionally math comprehension for the AEMT and Paramedic level
$180 registration fee
Supply fees as applicable
Interview with EMS coordinator
Physical and shot records including TB for the Advanced EMT and Paramedic Program
Hepatitis B vaccination or waiver for the Advanced EMT and Paramedic Program
Proof of current flu shot for the Advanced EMT and Paramedic Program
Those interested should contact the EMS Program Office at 336.342.4261, ext.2111
Other EMS Courses
Emergency Services Leadership
Field Training Officer/Preceptor Training
Basic Anatomy & Physiology
Integrated Healthcare Provider
Also offer a range of AHA (American Heart Association) classes including Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support and also NAEMT (National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians) courses including Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support, Advanced Medical Life Support, and Emergency Pediatric Care.
Those interested in the AHA Programs should call 336.342.4261, ext.2602, for all other programs call 336.342.4261, ext. 2111
Upcoming 2018 AHA Classes
- CPR, $55
- March 24th 9a-1p
- April 13th 9a-1p
- CPR & First Aid, $75
- April 28th 9a-5p
- May 11th 9a-5p
- ACLS Initial, $80
- April 20 & 21 8a-5p
- ACLS Recertification, $80
- April 21st 8a-5p
- ACLS Instructor, $70
- April 6th 8a-5p
- PALS Instructor, $70
- March 23rd 8a-5p